The 104th (New Brunswick) Regiment of Foot
- Canadian Geographic War of 1812 poster-map
- War of 1812 interactive map & timeline
- Kert, Faye. Trimming Yankee Sails: Pirates and Privateers of New Brunswick, Goose Lane Editions, Fredericton, NB, Canada, 2005.
- Sutherland, Robert. Son of the Hounds, Markham, ON: Fitzhenry & Whiteside, 1988/2000.
- Pearson, Kit. Whispers of War: The War of 1812 Diary of Susanna Merritt, Markham, ON: Scholastic Books, 2002.
Middle School (Grade 7 to 9)
Two sixty minute classes
Students will identify locations where the 104th (New Brunswick) Regiment of Foot played a significant role in the War of 1812. By examining these sites they should be able to draw conclusions and develop empathy for the lifestyle, hardships and the motives that influenced these men.
New Brunswick — Atlantic Provinces Curriculum for Social Studies: Council of Atlantic Ministers of Education and Training (CAMET): New Brunswick