Forts of the War of 1812
Essential Element #6: The Uses of Geography
- Effects of physical geographic factors on major historic events
Geographic Skill #2: Acquiring geographic information
- Use a variety of research skills to locate and collect geographic information.
- Use maps to collect and/or compile geographic information.
Geographic Skill #3: Organizing geographic information
- Prepare various forms of maps as a means of organizing geographic information.
Geographic Skill #5: Answering geographic questions
- Develop and present combinations of geographic information to answer geographic questions.
Two class periods (Students may need further homework time to complete the report.)
To make students aware of the effects of physical geography on historical events.
Ontario — Ontario (Revised), Geography, Grade 7, The Themes of Geographic Inquiry Ontario (Revised), History, Grade 7, British North America