A Soldier’s Account of the War of 1812
After exploring the history of the War of 1812, students will create a diary expressing the views of a British soldier in the war.
- Canadian Geographic War of 1812 poster-map
- War of 1812 interactive map & timeline
- Malcolmson, Robert. Historical Dictionary of The War of 1812
- Graves, Dianne. In the Midst of Alarms: The Untold Story of Women in the War of 1812
- National Archives Website
- War of 1812 Magazine
- Archives Canada
- War of 1812
Grade 5 Social Studies
Two 60 minute classes
Students will learn the importance of examining different points of view by producing a diary from the perspective of a British soldier who fought in the War of 1812.
Alberta — Grade 5 Social Studies